Click here for a full listing.
George Street, Edinburgh was historically home to Edinburgh’s Financial district, housing Head Offices of Banks, Insurance Companies and Investment Companies in addition to many of the city’s solicitors. In recent years, George Street has been transformed and is now home to some of the most stylish shops, bars and restaurants in the country.
Some of the remaining long established buildings in George Street include the Northern Lighthouse Board (1832) towards the west end of George Street, in the centre of George Street The Assembly Rooms (1787), at the east end of George Street is St. Andrews and St. Georges West Church (1784), and the Royal Society of Edinburgh (1783).
Two other public buildings of note in and close to George Street which are now used for other purposes are in the east end of George Street The Dome (est.1996), formerly the Commercial Bank of Scotland (1844) and in Charlotte Square just beyond the west end of George Street is West Register House (est.1971) formerly St. Georges Church (1811).